WEST HAM BOSS David Moyes looks set to drop Joe Hart from his starting line-up for Saturday’s match against Chelsea, putting the England goalkeeper’s World Cup ambitions in serious jeopardy.
Adrian is in contention to feature after impressing against Manchester City last weekend, stepping in when Hart was ineligible to face his parent club.
With Hart also under pressure for his England number one spot from Jordan Pickford and Jack Butland, losing his club place could leave his Russia 2018 hopes in tatters.
“I’ll keep my team until tomorrow,” said Moyes. “But I have made a decision in my own mind.”
As for whether he had discussed that decision with Hart, Moyes added: “I would always try to speak to the players. There are some occasions you should speak to them and others there is no need to.
It is a good problem for West Ham. I don’t know if it is a good problem going into the World Cup. I would like those problems in a few other positions. I am happy having the two of them.”
West Ham skipper Mark Noble is another casualty of Moyes’s arrival at the London Stadium.
The long-serving midfielder was a favourite of previous manager Slaven Bilic but has not made an appearance since the Scot took charge and was not even in the squad at City.
“Mark is really influential, he’s great around the club,” said Moyes. “But he is not guaranteed. No one is guaranteed. We have to find a way of winning. I want to pick the players who are in form.”
Champions Chelsea make the trip from west to east London lying in third and looking to move level on points with Manchester United, who face leaders City on Sunday.
“I’m not a Chelsea expert but how they played last year was fantastic,” said Moyes. “A slow start to the season might have caught them out a little bit but on their day they are a match for anyone.”
The42 has just published its first book, Behind The Lines, a collection of some of the year’s best sports stories. Pick up your copy in Eason’s, or order it here today (€10):
Irish fans dont see it, but ask Evertonians, Coleman has been bang average for 2 years now and if he was replaced, there wouldnt be too many tears, or clubs banging down the door ready to take him for the money EFC would ask. Last year the Liverpool Echo even ran an article titled “What has gone wrong with Seamus Coleman”
Irish fans live in a bit of a bubble about the perception of some of our players. Coleman and Baines are both on very thing ice at GP
Martina is nowhere near Coleman’s level, not really competition, more of a backup.
Waiting on Arsenals transfer activity reminds me of the commentator at the end of Fr Teds song for Europe episode,,
Love to see Draxler at Everton.
watching that video, youd forget what a player DF was, not just to head a ball, but on the deck
Premier League Legend